Tuesday, March 1, 2011

31 Days of Prayer for My Husband: Day1

Day 1:  
"That he might become a holy man, a man of prayer, mature in the Lord, growing in his knowledge of the Lord."
 1 Thessalonians 5:23, Colossians 4:12, Ephesians 1:18-19, 3:16-19, 6:18


Do you think to pray for your husband as you go about your day?
I confess that I have never been consistent about this....until recently.
I'm ashamed to admit that this thought just never occurred to me, nor had I regularly seen this concept
taught or modeled!!
I think the reason for this is because we often underestimate the power of prayer.
Another reason for this is because I believe wives don't usually think of themselves as "ministers" to our husbands.
If you really thought of your husband as your "ministry" 
(and not in the sense that he needs fixing),
how would that change the way you do things for him?
Would you have a better attitude about some of the little things he leaves around the house?
Would you try to encourage him more in his walk with the Lord?
Would you pray for him more?

Several years ago, when I had only 2 and 3 children, I was involved in a local M.O.P.S (Mothers of Preschoolers) group.
Loved it.
It was just what I needed at that stage of my life.
During one meeting the speaker talked on the topic of prayer and praying for our husbands.
Honestly, I don't remember anything that she said.
But she sent every lady home with a beautifully laminated guide entitled
"31 Days of Prayer for My Husband" at the top of the page.
I've kept it all these years, though I humbly confess I did not use it regularly until last year.
Now, I keep it with my personal "Devotional Basket" where I can have it all ready for my morning quiet time.
As wives, we can have a very personal ministry to our husbands when we pray daily for him.
I had trouble with knowing practically how to do this.
Having this guide all on one sheet is so helpful!!
After I have prayed for him, I like to text him on his phone with the prayer and scriptures I used that morning just to encourage him and let him know I am praying for him that day!!

I will post one prayer for every day this month from the guide.
I wanted to find a printable copy online for you to print off for yourself, but had a little trouble finding what I was looking for.
I did finally find a couple ideas for you, so be sure to click on these links and print one for yourself:

(scroll to the bottom of this link to find the prayer plan that is exactly like mine)

(this one is different from the one I have but it's really good too!)

And you have to see just how CUTE this is....


Do you have any more ideas to share on how you remember to pray for your husband?



1 comment:

I would love to hear your thoughts too.....