Tuesday, March 22, 2011

How to pray when you're left speechless......

Have you ever felt speechless?
Those who know me, know that is a state I don't usually find myself in.
But after looking at the pictures, and trying to wrap my brain around the sweeping devastation in Japan,
I have been rendered that way.
I told my husband, "I just don't even know how to pray for these people."
What do you SAY??

"Lord, please help somebody get to those people who are trapped or crushed beneath those buildings!"

That just seems futile to me when you see those villages literally swept off the map.
Is there really anybody left there?

"Lord, help them know where to even START the clean-up process."


"Lord, protect those that have survived from radiation contamination."

Isn't it too late for that?
I get an uneasy feeling that the government there is really holding back something to stave off complete panic.

"Lord, provide basic care for these people like healthy food, water, and shelter."

I certainly believe that God can and does do miracles, but that is what it's going to take for the provision of these needs.  WHERE will it come from?  

I can't imagine having lost my husband and children and grieving that loss with no home to go to and struggling to stay alive.

Thank goodness we have a helper....


"...for we do not know how to pray as we should,
but the Spirit Himself
intercedes for us with groanings too deep for words."
Romans 8:26


I need Someone to say what's in my heart that I can't even express!!

I read "Tears for Japan,"  and that has brought encouragement that there are others like me who are grappling with how to pray effectively.

Then.......
the Lord had a kindred spirit with whom I've never met, send these words my way.......yesterday:

"We have been living in Japan for 7 years and just recently made the very difficult decision to evacuate and are now on our way to Grandma's house.

One thing I would like to say is to please, please pray that this is exactly the thing God needed to do to crack the hearts of the Japanese people so that they would be open to Him. They have so many gods in their culture, and just lump Him in with the rest. The few (compared to the masses) that do truly accept Christ as their Savior are shunned by the rest of their family - cast out and turned on.

Japan is a country full of closed people who do not normally reach out beyond their own circle of friends, and what we are seeing there now is a country who has been broken and who are reaching out, accepting help, and showing a love toward their fellow man that is a real act of God.

Japan is a great country and the Japanese are great people and it is a tremendous tragedy what has gone on in their country, but it is our family's prayer that this will help to open their hearts and minds to the Lord. Going through this really does put into perspective what are the most important things in this life on Earth - reaching others with the message of salvation.

We also have many missionary friends, Americans, who are in Japan ministering to the Japanese people. Please do pray for them, also, to have the strength and perseverance to carry on their mission in such adversity!"



What a blessing this message has been to me.
Won't you join me in praying for the salvation of the people of Japan, for their needs to be met, for physical and spiritual restoration, and for the missionaries there seeking to offer comfort, help, and encouragement to the Japanese people?

And if you have no words......let the Holy Spirit be your helper.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your thoughts too.....