Life in my Shoes

Life in my Shoes

Friday, March 18, 2011

Friday's Fabulous Family Recipe

A couple weeks back our church celebrated its 57th Anniversary.
And what would a good Baptist event be without "dinner-on-the-grounds?"
We were asked to bring some food for a potluck, and I immediately knew what I wanted to bring.
The only time I have ever really "craved" a food was when I was pregnant with my babies.
But I can say that I almost "craved" this dessert.
It sounds so amazingly delicious.
And it doesn't have an ounce of chocolate in it......GASP!!!
That's usually a no-no for me.
So I made this exact recipe for Banana Cake with Peanut Butter Frosting



And I loved it.  My mother-in-law loved it.
My husband......not so much.  "Too old-school," he said.
I think he was referring to the texture and weight of the cake.
None of my children would touch it......I think because of the cream cheese in the frosting.
The only thing I did not like about this recipe was it's use of shortening (too hydrogenated), and the corn syrup in the frosting (too much HFCS).

So I did a google search for other Banana Cake recipes and found "my new favorite!!"

And I printed this recipe off and used it exactly as written for 
My mother-in-law thought it was better, and so did my husband.
My children gobbled this up.
It's our new favorite.
I can't use it too often though because it is steeped in sugar, but I love it for those special occasions where I can share it with others which will leave no leftovers sitting around that cause us all too much temptation!!!
YUMMY!
.


No comments: