Friday, October 2, 2009

Friday's Fabulous Family Recipe

Crock-Pot Chicken De-Lish

Okay, so just to warn you ahead of time, the pictures for this dish are not the greatest.
They look kinda gross if you ask me, but for some reason, I didn't get great shots of this.
But let me just say that it is so AMAZING!!! YUM!!!

Oh yes, and this is the recipe as it is written, but I doubled it and it fits in my 5-quart crock pot just perfectly!

1 - 6 ounce package chicken flavor stuffing mix
2 1/2 cups chopped cooked chicken
2 cups zucchini, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms (I left these out)
1 medium red or green sweet pepper,
cut into 1/2 inch pieces
1/2 chopped onion
1 - 10 3/4 oz. can condensed cream of chicken soup


1. Prepare stuffing mix according to package instructions, EXCEPT
REDUCE WATER TO 1/2 CUP. (Stuffing will not be completely moistened.)
Set aside.

2. In a large bowl, combine chicken, zucchini, pepper and onion.
Stir in soup.






3. In a 3 1/2, 4 or 5 quart crock pot, place half the chicken-veggie mixture;
top with half of the stuffing. Repeat layers.





4. Cover. Cook on low setting for 5-6 hours or on high setting fo 2 1/2 -3 hours.
Makes 6 HEAVENLY servings.

I cannot tell you how much I LOVE this recipe. It's like Thanksgiving in a crock-pot!!
Terrific, hearty comfort food for fall!!! I love to chop everything up on Saturday night,
throw it together on Sunday morning, and come home after church to the delicious aroma of this
dish warming in the kitchen!!!!





No comments: