Monday, March 7, 2011

{Monday} Funday!!

This past week I finally got to take my children on a field trip that I've wanted to do for such a long time.
But because the museum isn't open on Monday (which I'm finding is more common these days!!), we had to go on Tuesday.
Every first Tuesday of the month, the Dallas Museum of Art has free admission and loads of great activities for children.
They even had free coffee tasting in the atrium for parents too.

"All first Tuesday events are specially designed for children and their adult companions, Preschool classes, playgroups, day cares, and home schoolers are welcome.   All activities take place between 11 am and 3 pm."


When I read that, I wasn't sure that my older ones would enjoy the activities, but I was thrilled that I was wrong.


Making sculptures and shapes with different mediums of wire





Making collages of red objects





Exploring some paintings



Outdoors in the sculpture garden







We will definitely be going back to "First Tuesdays" at the Dallas Art Museum!!!




No comments: