Sunday, January 9, 2011

The drama continues.....


Yesterday afternoon, Ashlyn comes to me and says,
"Mom, either I have the chicken pox or a really bad rash."
I ask her to show it to me.
When she lifts her shirt, this is what I find....


I follow it around her middle and down her thighs.
Out of nowhere.
Nothing new to eat or drink or lotions or balms or salves.
Nothing.

She has been over "the monster" for 5 days now,
but I know that with an autoimmune disease like Type 1 Diabetes,
her body can react like this to a virus.
But then, I know of other children who are perfectly healthy who end up with rashes after viruses.

So who knows.
Maybe it's the virus.
Maybe it's the new shower gel she got 2 weeks ago at Christmas that she used only once 3 days ago.
Nevertheless....
it woke her up last night itching her,
and this morning it has spread it's tendrils up her neck and cheeks,
and down her legs to her ankles.
It's uncomfortable today, and the benedryl doesn't seem to be offering much relief.

So I'm home from church again for the second consecutive Sunday.
I enjoy the quiet bonding time with my sweet, brave girl,
but I miss the corporate worship time with my lovely church family.

I'm still praying about the goals I have in my mind for this year,
and intend to get back on track with those this week.
It seems we're being tested about how serious we really are in being more
intentional
this year.

Purposeful in our
finances,
our relationships with our children,
the use of our time,
our surrender to God's work in our hearts,
and His leading in our lives.
Being less entangled and weighed down
by things,
and having more freedom to respond immediately to the Lord's promptings.

To gain a deeper understanding of simply resting in Him.

"Come unto me,
all ye that labor and are heavy laden,
and I will give you rest.
Take my yoke upon you,
and learn of me;"

Learn WHAT?

That
"I am meek and lowly in heart:"

That
"You shall find rest unto your souls"

That
"My yoke is easy,
and my burden is light."

~Matthew 11: 28-30

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your thoughts too.....