Life in my Shoes

Life in my Shoes

Monday, May 17, 2010

All in the family

I thought I'd share a few glimpses of the wedding our entire family attended the other night.
My husband's 1st cousin's daughter was getting married. From what I hear from genealogical circles, that makes the bride my children's 2nd cousin. How about that??

Let me tell ya....it was a bit hairy getting there....and we were even discussing "Plan B" in case we didn't make it to the church on time. We had to make two stops before actually getting on the highway where we needed to be, and it seemed like each time we would start out we had misjudged our time schedule by a half an hour!!!

But fortunately, as all good wedding coordinators know, 99% of all weddings don't start exactly at the moment the invitations says it will
so we were seated just as the mothers were being seated.
Plus, we ended up with some of the best seats in the house!!!




After the wedding was over, we had a round of bathroom stops and diaper changes,
and then we all loaded BACK UP into the van and drove on over
here.....






for the reception.

And what a party it was!!!
It has been a looooooong time since I've been to a wedding reception as beautiful,
as creative, as well thought through, as personal as this one!!
What fun we had!!!

From the....



to the....


to the candy bar.....







to the game room!!!




And check out some of these gorgeous details....












But this was the most breath-taking part of the evening.......


seeing my own daughter as gorgeous as this bride in the very near future!!!!

No comments: