Tuesday, September 8, 2015

School has started and other big events

At some point, I intend to sit down for awhile and just journal how the Lord has done
miracles in our family and changed up our schooling routine in huge, unexpected ways.
Let me just say that homeschooling is not for the faint of heart.

If you want to do it well, it takes intentionality.
Schooling your children at home requires some sense of organization as well as a dash of creativity.
In my 12 years of homeschooling, I've never experienced a child who learned something about their world by simply breathing while lying in bed.
Throw some learning challenges into the mix and you have to be on your toes 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Every day.  All day.
Several years ago I began praying for, no.....actually begging God for an intervention.

It took about two or three years of such praying, but God supplied the most perfect solution
for our family.



We are now a part of a "homeschool assistance program" that is a mere 3 minutes from our house and uses the same curriculum I was using at my house.
We started this new journey last school year, and it revolutionized our home!!
My children go everyday from 8 am to 12:30 pm.
It may look like an organized "private school," but it's more a hybrid of private school, homeschooling, and homeschool co-op.
The best part is that I get to call all the shots in regards to what they are doing everyday, and I get to teach a high-school elective course that is near and dear to my heart!!!
Last year it was high school Speech and Drama.
This year it is Family and Consumer Science with our first semester consisting of Foods I and next semester Sewing and Crafts I.
This has been just the thing we needed to bring back the motivation for learning!
God has, once again, proven Himself to be faithful to us and bringing something to us that we desperately needed just when we needed it the most!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your thoughts too.....