Friday, April 9, 2010

Friday's Fabulous Family Recipe

Super Easy Oven Chicken Fingers

1 cup Italian bread crumbs
2 Tablespoons Parmesan cheese
1 garlic clove, minced (I use about 1/4 tsp. of garlic powder)
1/4 cup vegetable oil (I use canola)
6 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
(I use about 1 1/2 pounds of chicken tenderloins and double the recipe)

Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.

In a plastic bag, mix breads crumbs and cheese; set aside.

In a small bowl, combine garlic and oil.
Flatten the chicken to 1/2 inch thickness; cut into 1 inch wide strips.
(*I skip all that by using the chicken tenderloins.)
Dip strips in oil.

Then find a happy helper who is wandering around the house with nothing better to do that will
help shake up those strips in the bag coating them with the crumb mixture.


Place the coated strips on a greased baking sheet.


Bake for 20 minutes until golden.
(The recipe doesn't call for flipping them, but I'm a little freaky about my chicken
being cooked all the way through, so I flip it over about half-way through the cooking time.)

Enjoy the deliciousness!!!


Can I just say that these are AMAZING paired with garlic mashed potatoes and chicken gravy!!
I NEVER have any leftovers.
(P.S. The last time I made this recipe I used Wal-Mart's brand of shake and bake instead of the Italian bread crumbs. More about why I'm switching later....it's an additive thing. We liked
the chicken seasoning version of that so well that I think I'm going to stick with it. I used the entire box.....both packets for this recipe. It was crunchier, and tasted just as good.)

No comments: