Tuesday, August 21, 2018

Summer Recap!

And just like that the summer is almost gone!
The 4th of July came and went.
The temperatures soared in our neck of the woods forcing
us indoors where the air conditioning blasted cold.
For the next 6 weeks we didn't do anything spectacular.
We slept in late most every day.
I have an intensely large Christmas dinner theater I'm directing at our church,
so my focus has been on getting that up and rolling cohesively before school
starts and we are swept up in the busyness of those days.

We did manage to find some fun things locally to help us cool off,
and to keep the cabin fever from getting too fierce.
Our second daughter bought her first car.
Our oldest daughter took me with her for her college orientation.
We celebrated my Mother-in-Love's birthday!
School clothes were dragged out and tried on.
School curriculum was ordered and delivered.
Ice cream was eaten, and slurpees slurped.
















We have an exciting fall season racing toward us that has at times
overwhelmed me with its scope and ferocity.
I will not lie and deny the fact that I have awoken at 2 am more than once
and my mind raced with a million things that still did not have solutions.
The "what ifs" snarled at me of all the potential catastrophes that could happen.

But after years of episodes like this, I've learned to receive those fears as flags.
Signs going up to remind me to pray.
To give all my worries, and all the problems,
and all the things that haven't even happened,
and statistically can't happen......to the Lord!
The work of prayer often wears my mind out and empties it of all those thoughts
and then I'm able to go back to sleep.
I know that I can trust all those details to the One who I have followed
to this place and who I know won't leave me stranded.
He has promised to never leave me nor forsake me.
He has promised to provide our needs.
I can follow Him in faith and confidence
because He has never failed!!

This fall.....trust.

No comments: