Last summer, our oldest artistic daughter enjoyed a week of that, and I wanted to try to make that happen for all our children who wanted to participate.
My 9-year old son wasn't interested in the least, but our 2nd and 3rd daughters were.
I wasn't sure how we were going to be able to afford art camp along with church camp, but early in May I found that the "Creative Arts School" was offering scholarships to those who were the first to apply!!
I sent our application in the next day and we got three scholarships!!
These were only partial scholarships that covered about 2/3 the cost of the camp, so it wasn't entirely free, but very doable!!
We also were able to visit our local state park which has a lovely beach area.
My children are part fish, so we had a blast and they were in the water for hours!!
We've also been having such a heat wave in our area that it has been too miserable hot in the house to cook.
So I had to whip out an old favorite {which isn't a favorite of most of my children I learned!}:
Homemade root beer floats {for a crowd!!}
No comments:
Post a Comment