Monday, June 8, 2009

Let me explain......



"There was an old woman who lived in a shoe.
She had so many children, she didn't know what to do....."

Okay, so I don't relish the idea of calling myself "an old woman," nor do I like to give the impression that I'm completely out of ideas, but I think the image here fits me on particularly challenging "mommy days". The Lord has blessed my husband and I with 6 gorgeous children and to be honest, it isn't always easy. Obviously, some people must think it looks like I have some idea of what I'm doing because I often get comments like, "I just don't know how you do it." So, I've been thinking of creating a journal of ideas and thoughts and trials/errors, to shed some light on "how I do it." It ain't always pretty and it probably won't work at your house. But my thought has been that maybe I can share some little bits of organization or household tips that might encourage you as you try to manage your family. I'm always looking for a new idea, and maybe you'll find one here that can make things easier for you too. I also thought I'd like to keep a record of things that we do in our house for our children to look back on and remember and then eventually be able to incorporate into their own families.
So, come with me, walk with me for awhile, and see what it's like walking in my shoes.

1 comment:

Ken said...

Congratulations on getting started! I hope you enjoy the blogging experience, and I look forward to seeing some good tips, advice, and the occasional political commentary!