Life in my Shoes

Life in my Shoes

Monday, June 19, 2017

Shipshewana 2017


Whenever we go home to visit in Northwest Ohio,  we put 
a day at the Shipshewana flea market in Shipshewana, Indiana
at the top of our bucket list.
My children all ask if we are going there!!
If you are ever in the general vicinity, you need to go!!
It is a thriving Amish community and the culture there is just
lovely and midwestern.
You just never know what you'll find when you go!!






Shelves and shelves of homemade things to spread on other homemade things!!




The owner of this dog ran a booth there at the flea market 
and my children were drawn to his chihuahuas.
Both dogs were so friendly and when I put the camera in their faces
to snap this picture, the dog turned and smiled right at me!!!
Hilarious!!
He looked just like the fatter big brother of our dog, Brittany.



It's not a day in Shipshewana unless you stop for a "coffee" break at
E & S Sales!  
This is the "Coffee Lover's Dream" single dip ice cream cone!!!
Yum!!!



Only in the Midwest!!
They pickle everything!



No comments: