Monday, May 22, 2017

Advanced Foods: Final Project: Mini-International Foods Festival!!


"All good things must come to an end,"
and so it is with my delightful Advanced Foods class.
We have just had an absolute blast tasting our way around the world.

I decided our final project for this class needed to be a way of showcasing
all of the different elements of what my students have learned over the last semester.

What better way to do that than hosting a mini "International Food Festival."
I assigned the girls the task of choosing which country 
they would like to represent,
writing a paper about that country and its foods,
 then choosing 3 dishes from that country to prepare.
I also asked them to prepare a simple table presentation
 that displayed all of these elements.
We prepared enough for each student and teacher in our co-op to sample,
and what a wonderful morning we had together!!!



Ashlyn fell in love with the continent of Asia and chose 3 different dishes from
3 different countries.



Spicy Shirataki Miso Stir-Fried Noodles {Japan}
 and Stir-fried Beef with Snowpeas {China}


Korean Sweet Pancakes


Grace chose the country of England and prepared 3 delicious dishes.



Banoffe Pie and Blueberry Scones


Coronation Chicken Sandwiches



Rachel chose Jewish cuisine.



Delicious Pan-Roasted Cherry Tomato Soup!


Citrus Roasted Chicken and Kurabiye Wedding Butter Cookies


A "knock-your-socks-off Sparkling Limonana
which combined the flavors of lemon and fresh mint!!


Brea thrilled us all with her choice of Italy!


Her lasagna was incredible.....


.......as was this tasty Italian Cream Soda!



Everyone loved this!!!








What fun browsing around the children as they were sampling their
plates full of food and hearing their thoughts on what they were tasting!
Nearly each of the children chose their siblings food as their favorite!
Hilarious!


I'm not sure I've had more fun teaching than I have this year.  
This class "took the cake" and my students were so diligent and eager!
When God opened the door for our family to be a part of this homeschool co-op
I wasn't sure I would enjoy teaching high-schoolers.
What an amazing surprise it was for me to learn something new about myself!!
If I hadn't taken that step of faith, look at all the blessings I would have missed out on!!
God is so good!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your thoughts too.....