Life in my Shoes

Life in my Shoes

Saturday, January 28, 2017

Winter/Spring Semester: Advanced Foods Class

Last semester, I taught a Textiles and Clothing Construction Class
as the first part of this year's Family and Consumer Science Course.
You can see some of our projects here.

This semester, my students really wanted to continue into our
exploration of cooking and baking, so I'm teaching an
Advanced Foods Class.
Last year we journeyed through Beginning Foods and Nutrition,
so this year we're diving deeper into that subject.
One of the first units we are doing is a beginning cake decorating course.
We are using the Wilton Beginning Cake Decorating Course 1
instruction book and kit as our guide!

What fun we are having!!









Next week, I have a guest teacher coming in to give my girls some of her
best tips for cake decorating as well as sharing her experience as
an entrepreneur.
She's a 16-year old homeschooler who has her own home business
and does cakes for weddings and other special events!
I'm also excited for our final project as each of my girls will be
baking and decorating a cake for this church's Valentines Banquet
and it will be displayed on a very special dessert table!!
Such fun times!!

No comments: