Monday, February 29, 2016

Glimpses of Spring


Good parenting is not for the faint of heart.
Successful parenting requires a plan.
Intentionality.
Over-the-top patience.




Some days, even with the best of intentions, with careful counsel, prayer,
and vision,
it can seem like a fruitless ministry.

Like you've wasted your time and plans.
Again.

Negative and toxic thoughts can begin to seep into your head:

"What's the point?  They will never get it."

"I've been saying the same thing a million different ways, and we're still
struggling with the same problem."





"Although the fig tree shall not blossom, neither shall fruit be in the vines;
the labour of the olive shall fail, and the fields shall yield no meat;
the flock shall be cut off from the fold, and there shall be 
no herd in the stalls:
Yet, I will rejoice in the LORD, I will joy in the God of my salvation.
The LORD God is my strength and he will make my feet like hinds' feet, and he will
make me to walk upon mine high places."
~Habbakuk 3:17-19

Even when things look bleak, God is working.
Even when it looks like a waste of time, persistence pays off.
New life will spring forth.
Children will blossom!

The flowers will bloom again!!
And how sweet the fragrance!

1 comment:

Donna said...

Some days do seem endless and unproductive, but we know that God is working and that thought must encourage us to keep going. Thanks for the reminder. I love your flower photos. So pretty.