Life in my Shoes

Life in my Shoes

Wednesday, November 25, 2015

We're so thankful for you!


This school year I've had the amazing priviliege of teaching at our little
homeschool program again.
Last year I taught a Beginning Speech and Drama class.
This year I'm teaching Family and Consumer Science classes
with an emphasis on Foods 1 this semester.
Next semester we'll get to learn Beginning Sewing and Crafts!
A couple months ago, the idea was presented to me of our class preparing
a Thanksgiving meal for the senior citizens of the church where our
 homeschool program is held.
The ideas just flowed and we had an absolute ball pulling this all together!!



The girls and I spent the weeks prior discussing menu plans 
and delegating responsibilities.
Each girl chose a favorite dish they had learned to prepare,
and Lexi was in charge of decorations.
We prepared for 36 people.


We found this fun favor idea on pinterest,
and the girls helped to assemble 6 dozen of them!




The church had stacks of these pretty dishes and tableware,
so we used what we had on hand!


The fall themed decor was all happily lent to us by a lady in the church!
It all fit together perfectly with our fun, whimsical vision for this event!




The girls learned how to prepare and roast a turkey, as well
as make yeast rolls from scratch!!





Our honored (and surprise!!) guest was Pastor Sam Appiah all the way from Ghana, West Africa.
Lexi stayed with he and his wife in their home when she went on the mission trip to Ghana 3 years ago!!!  We were so blessed to get to meet him and to thank him for his hospitality to our daughter!




This cutie bunch of elementary children from our homeschool program prepared and sang the most precious medley of gospel songs for all the grandma's and grandpa's.





We had some baked goods left over, and put those out as a mini-bake sale and it was
all gone at the end of the luncheon!!
This was such a huge success and so much fun!!
What a blessing it was to be a part of blessing these older folks!!
I am so very thankful for this homeschool program our children get to be involved in,
and for the opportunities I get to teach my own daughters some of the things I absolutely love!
God is so good to us, and how can I help but thank Him!

No comments: