Life in my Shoes

Life in my Shoes

Saturday, November 14, 2015

A senior

 Alexis Noelle Brough
Senior 2016



"Daughter"

I look back in time,
Young and very innocent



Seeing the world through your eyes

Memories I hold safe in my heart




To sometimes unwrap with a smile
and the comfort of a sigh



Now my little girl is grown,
A woman you have become

With the wisdom and strength God has given
Is tranquility I feel knowing that anything
you will overcome

This strength and warmth
of heart I see in you



I know will lay no boundaries

For the world is yours to have sweetheart.....



To hold in your hands,
each moment to appreciate and seize



I am there for eternity,
If only in thought

A place you can come to as you feel you need.




I am standing in the shadows allowing you 
to grow and learn

Holding onto the knowledge that 
with your heart,
you will succeed.




It is your strength and kind heart about you that shines.....



As a single ray of sunlight beaming through a cloud
insisting we look higher and higher

To lift us up when we are down.




It is this my daughter in you
that I do admire."

~L.J. Myers~



Photos courtesy:  www.elisabethcarol.com







No comments: