Tuesday, October 20, 2015

Food Preparation I Class


Last year, our family participated in beginning a brand new homeschooling program right around the corner from our home at our former church.  It has been an amazing answer to prayer for us!!
We have a daily half-day program from 8:00 am to 12:30 pm that utilizes the ACE (or School of Tomorrow) Pace Curriculum for most core subjects, and we offer a few electives for the high schoolers.  There is a "learning-to-read" class for the Kindergarten and 1st graders, as well as Math and Reading supplemental activities.  What we don't finish there, we finish at home!

One of the extra fun perks for me is that I get to teach a high school elective course.
Never, in-a-million-years, would you have been able to convince me that I would enjoy that, but it has been an absolute blast!
Last year, I taught Beginning Speech and Drama, and this year I'm teaching a Family and Consumer Science Course with emphasis on "Beginning Food Preparation" this semester and "Sewing and Crafts" next semester.


We are having so much fun learning how to read recipes and to prepare enough servings of the recipes for all who will be sampling, and experimenting with new flavors and ingredients.



The girls really enjoy learning how to garnish and serve their dishes in an appetizing way.




I love having the time to teach my own daughters in this class in a bigger space than our own kitchen and in the company of other girls as well!


The best part is sampling all the different recipes that each of the girls chose out of their cookbook.


I'm really excited about the opportunity we have in a few weeks to prepare a Thanksgiving meal for the senior citizens of this church!  More pictures to come!!!

No comments: