Life in my Shoes

Life in my Shoes

Saturday, October 17, 2015

Come apart, before you come apart!

One of my favorite things to participate in every fall is our
annual Ladies Retreat with my church lady friends!
Oh my goodness!
What a blessing it is to get away with long-time friends to refresh and relax,
and to make new friends.
My spirit is always revived and I my heart is always encouraged.
I come home a better person, a better Mom.


The road to the retreat is often challenging and difficult.
The days just before it are always incredibly busy with meal, laundry, transportation, 
and school preparation.
Sometimes the stress of it makes me want to just say, "Forget it.  It's not worth all this."


And many years there has been a minor catastrophe at home while I'm away that requires
my husband's intervention no matter how much I try 
to make everything as simple as possible for him.
This year it was this:


Garrett had somehow gotten into some poison ivy and Wednesday morning he
woke up with a mild rash on his face.  I had treated it with all the poison ivy treatments we
had in our home (since we've learned that Abby is highly allergic to it as well) including
oils, creams, and benadryl.
I left Thursday morning for the retreat and left instructions on what to give him and to watch
for his eyes.
The above picture is what I received on Friday morning.
Fortunately, my husband "just happened" to get that day off (which he never gets in the middle
of his shirt and on two day's notice) so he ran him to our pediatrician.
Daddy always handles the crisis like a hero!!



My roomie!!



My sweet friend who I don't get to see enough who also made 
this lovely candle for me!!!



A sweet new friend


These ladies are long-time, very dear friends who I only get to see
but once or twice a year!!


Our speaker this year was Beth Lynch (pictured in the middle).
Her multi talented musician husband came also and the two of them performed
a lovely, sacred concert of piano and voice!
What a treat!!
They are pictured with my amazing, homeschooling, piano playing, vegan cooking
Mama extraordinaire friend from my church!!

Mrs. Beth Lynch reminded us that everything we do today is preparing for something in the future:
"This day for that day."
Our lives are more than just a journey.
We have a purpose and there are "precepts for the journey."
"When I obey what I know to be God's precepts today,
He will reveal more of His will tomorrow."

One of my favorite nuggets she gave us was:
"When you get into "Pity Party Pit"
the best thing you can do is go find somebody with a need
and help them!"

Our hearts were filled with scripture and joy by the end of our retreat
and we returned home with renewed courage and hope to
staying faithful to our individual callings and walks with the Lord!!


 Ladies Retreat with Worth Baptist Church 2015




No comments: