Thursday, January 1, 2015

Here I raise my Ebenezer!

Whoa!!  I don't know about you, but 2014 was amazing!!!!


So amazing, in fact, that I could hardly keep up!
At the end of 2013, a series of events occurred that required my full attention.
I had to seriously scale back on everything but the very most important priorities in my life that demanded my full attention.
One of those things that just fell through the cracks, one of those things that I just couldn't keep juggling, was my blog.
There just wasn't enough time to devote to it.
Plus, my spirit was just so very burdened by the aforementioned events that I simply could not write.
I didn't really want to write.



But today begins a brand new year!
I have missed documenting one of the single most amazing years that I can remember.
I don't want to miss any more time.
I fully intend to get back into blogging, journaling this one life, for my children.
And for those who come behind me.
My grandchildren.
Those new Mom's who like me, will curl up in a corner of your room and wish there was some way to shut out all the noise and chaos.  That someone, anyone, would just knock on the front door and offer to take ALL of your children to the park for a couple hours......just so you can catch up on the piles of laundry and dishes.  Just for 2 measly hours!!!



I don't want to forget the amazing "Ebenezers!"
You know.  From that wonderful hymn Come Thou Fount of Every Blessing.

"Come thou fount of every blessing
Tune my heart to sing thy grace
Streams of mercy never ceasing
Call for songs of loudest praise
Teach me some melodious sonnet
Sung by flaming tongues above
I'll praise the mount I'm fixed upon it
Mount of thy redeeming love

Here I raise my Ebenezer
Hither by thy help I come
And I hope by thy good pleasure
Safely to arrive at home

Jesus sought me when a stranger
Wondering from the fold of God
He, to rescue me from danger
Interposed His precious blood"

Still don't know what an "Ebenezer" is?
Here's how the dictionary defines it......and so beautifully, I might add.

eb·e·ne·zer

 noun \ˌebə¦nēzə(r)\
usually capitalized :  a commemoration of divine assistance,
Ebenezer; hither by Thy help I'm come — Robert Robinson>

Origin of EBENEZER

Hebrew ebhen hā-ʽezer stone of help; from the application of this name by Samuel to the stone which he set up in commemoration of God's help to the Israelites in their victory over the Philistines at Mizpah (1 Samuel 7:12)



So that is my goal.
To reflect on and document the Ebenezers of last year as well as update what my children have been up to.
There have been some big changes in our household, and I can't wait to share!!











No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your thoughts too.....