Saturday, January 3, 2015

December musings


As we were approaching Thanksgiving recently, I had to take a deep breath and mentally prepare for the next few weeks that were coming toward us at Tsunami-like speed.
December is always a blur.
At the end of it, I often feel frazzled and just d.o.n.e with the whole thing.
But I wanted this year to be a little different.
I've gotten to the point in my life where I don't want to just simply go through the motions.
I knew that the upcoming Christmas season was going to be crazy busy, but I didn't realize HOW much busier it was going to be.
I decided that instead of just going to activities and programs and shopping and wrapping and baking and getting it done and moving on to the next thing, I wanted to intentionally savor the moments.
Enjoy being with my children and husband.
Enjoy the beauty that comes with Christmas.
Look for the sweetness.
Watch for those meaningful times that will become sweet memories for my children.

One of the very first fun events of the season was our local Christmas parade.
We've attended this for years, and it's a little tradition that we so enjoy to kick off the celebrating!



This year I was so excited that my husband could join us.
His work schedule has often prevented him from being able to be with us, so this year was special.



Our neighbors, and special friends, were able to join us, as well as my husband's mother.






Though the parade itself was a bit measly this year, we had so much fun just being with all our friends and family!!  

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your thoughts too.....