Life in my Shoes

Life in my Shoes

Monday, January 12, 2015

An Evening at the Theater: A Christmas Carol

One of the "Ebeneazers" of 2014 came about in the summer months.
It revolved around how we school our children.
I had been begging God for an intervention for me as I felt I was drowning in our homeschooling.
But more about that later.
In the summer, the Lord blew a door of opportunity wide open for us to get our children involved in a brand new "Homeschool Assistance Program."
One of the caveats for making that a reality for our family was my willingness to help in the classroom 2 mornings a week and teach a speech/theater class elective for the high school students.
I have absolutely loved it (more about that later as well!!!)!
This semester, I wanted to expose my 5 students to a live theater production and I found one about an hour from our home.
So, we made it a field trip and enjoyed a delightful evening watching A Christmas Carol.
We all dressed up semi-formally, and piled into vans on a chilly Monday evening.
We loved the theater and how personal it was because of the "theater-in-the-round" lay out.
We were right up close to all the action and music, and we will definitely be traveling here again.







My 5 high school students pre-show.


My lovlies and I.


No comments: