Saturday, April 6, 2013

Easter Weekend Recap


I won't lie.
I think I love Resurrection Sunday more than Christmas anymore.
Not that the Christmas season is not meaningful and bursting with Scriptural teachable moments,
but that what we're celebrating (the resurrection of Jesus Christ from death and the grave) is the pivotal doctrine on which all of Christianity is based!
His resurrection is proof of all that He did and who He said He was and why He came to earth in the first place.
If He had not risen....then He would be a liar.
I am so profoundly overwhelmed with gratefulness that He defeated death, returned to Heaven, and is seated "at the right hand of the Father," interceding on our behalf.
That's reason to celebrate!
In reality, we should see the words like, "JOY," and "PEACE" at the Easter season!

Since January, my husband and I have been in rehearsals with our church choir for an Easter Cantata.
The weekend finally arrived, we felt prepared and confident, and I end up with a throat infection.
Could hardly talk, much less sing.
But with the Lord's help (and a good microphone!) I was able to perform a monologue as the Samaritan Woman.
My husband performed as Peter.
He was also able to sing along with our choir, though I was not.


(My part starts right around the 20:00 minute mark.
My husband's part is right around the 30:00 minute mark.)



Easter morning we woke to dark overcast skies which added to the ambiance of a "quiet" breakfast
by candlelight reading the scriptures about the women who went to Christ's tomb early in the morning.


(I was only mildly disappointed that the grass seed we planted on our Easter Lenten Garden
refused to grow.)


I hid our "Resurrection Eggs" around the house and after the children scurried to find them all,
they received one of these.
If your not familiar with "Resurrection Eggs" you can find information about them here.
They are one of my very favorite object lessons to teach children the details of the death and resurrection of
Jesus.



 Family pictures followed!







Later that afternoon, we had lunch at friend's home.

We capped off our day of celebration with the final performance of our Easter Cantata,
"Calvary's Love."

I hope you all celebrated with those you love the greatest expression of Love the world has ever seen!






No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your thoughts too.....