Life in my Shoes

Life in my Shoes

Friday, March 22, 2013

Celebrate Spring 2013!!


"It's the most wonderful time of the year......"
Wait.
Wrong season.
But it really IS the most wonderful time of year.
Last year, I started something that I liked so very much that I decided to revisit it again this year.
And that is to separate out our celebration of the spring season from Resurrection Sunday.
As I've grown older, I've come to more fully appreciate what my Savior did for me and the rest of mankind on the cross of Calvary, and ultimately His display of power over sin and death by His resurrection from the grave!!
I still can't dilute the meaning of that event with chocolate bunnies, duckies, and Easter eggs.
I wrote more about that and described last year's spring celebration here.

This year the first day of spring rolled around on a Wednesday that my husband had off, so that was the perfect opportunity for me to take advantage of his help as well as to make it a "Family Day."
**Warning:  Lots of pictures ahead**




Instructions for the sweet little bird nests above can be found here.




We went to a brand new park this year, but it was so breezy I had to 
change some plans around.  I couldn't set up everything like I had envisioned,
and we ended up doing our crafts back at home.

But we were able to do an egg hunt.....











The children all enjoyed exploring this new pond area,
and we were excited to see many turtles playing hide-and-seek with us!


Once we got back home,
we were able to make some spring art for our fireplace mantle.
More on this later.



For several years, I've been reading about this wonderful "Lenten Garden"
and we finally put one together in preparation for our Resurrection Sunday celebration
in about a week!
More on this later as well!


P.S.  Yes, I'm aware that the stone rolled in front of the grave was not in three parts.
But my children found these and put them this way while we are still looking for one large stone
to replace them!!  Watch the grass grow with us!


No comments: