Life in my Shoes

Life in my Shoes

Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Monday Fundays are now......Terrific Tuesdays!!!

If you've followed this blog for any length of time, you're familiar with the term "Monday Funday."

If you're haven't, say you've recently stumbled across my blog, and you're interested in why we created this fun homeschooling strategy....read here.

This year, I had to switch our schedule around a little bit to accomodate the English class my older girls are taking away from our home.
The class is from 11:00 am to 1:30 pm, so we really wouldn't have time to do a whole lot until nearly 2:00 pm.
Rush hour in the local big cities starts around 3:30 or 4:00 pm, and we wouldn't have a happy chauffer (Daddy) if we waited that late in the day.
I talked with my husband about this mini-dilemma, and he agreed to switch his part-time job day from Tuesday to Monday, leaving Tuesday as his bonefide, guaranteed day off.

So now, we enjoy our field trips and fun days on Tuesdays......hence, the name.....Terrific Tuesdays.
Our first fun outing Tuesday for the new school year came two weeks ago.
We headed out to one of our very favorite places that never seems to tire my children, the Dallas Zoo.
It was a beautiful day and our youngest was so excited to see the "giraff-es."
Daddy always promises to get them all giant ice cream cones when we go, and the tradition continued on this visit as well.














No comments: