Life in my Shoes

Life in my Shoes

Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Back-to-school: Making the first day fun!!

I've always tried to make the first day back to full time homeschooling special.
I think it's important that we celebrate the freedom we have to start when we want, and do the subjects we want, and keep the schedule we want, and do things a little out of the ordinary as we want!
And it's fun to make a big deal out of the first day!!

This year, I planned much of the same things as I have in the past.
Usually, I try to plan a field trip on that first day to give everything an exciting kick-off, but I just didn't want to figure that out this year.
To get an idea of other things we've done on the first day back, check here and here.

Our schedule is changing a little bit, for which I'm terribly excited, so it meant I would've had to go alone with all my children, and that is usually very stressful for me.
So today we started with a newer tradition of taking pictures......






 



.....followed by a fun Back-to-School Breakfast......


 (Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins)


(Watermelon cut into shapes)

Later......we had a little Bible lesson.........


........got everyone started on their brand new Math books and video lessons......
and eventually worked on our traditional End-of-Summer Collage......
an art project that we'll finish later this week and add to our growing collection of placemats.

We capped off the day with an hour of P.E..........

I certainly don't take for granted the privilege I have of homeschooling my children!!
Grateful.




No comments: