Life in my Shoes

Life in my Shoes

Monday, July 30, 2012

An unexpected gift.....Philadelphia (Part 3)

Teach me thy way, O Lord, and lead me in a plain path....Psalm 27:11

When the plane landed, I had absolutely no idea where to go.
First of all, when I stepped into the tunnel leading me to the gate, the temperature outside felt no different than Dallas.
The temperature that day in Philadelphia was warmer (106 degrees) than it was at home.  Seriously?
Anyway, I had to figure out how to get outside of the airport and find my way to the car rental place.
I was completely disoriented for a minute and had no idea which way I needed to go and where I was in the airport in relation to an outside door.
But by just looking up at the signs.....I was able to find exactly where I needed to be.
(Sometimes we can make everything much more difficult than it really is by not accepting the answers God has already put in our path.)
My dad had called me several days before to make sure I knew where I was going, and how to get out of the airport, and where to find the car rental building.
He told me I just needed to find the shuttle outside the baggage claim.
So I followed the signs to the baggage claim, and there was the sign for the car rental shuttle.
"Car Rental.....Zone 2"
"And where is Zone 2?"  I wondered out loud.
Voila!!
Right outside the door!
"So how do you find your shuttle?" I wondered again.
Here comes a shuttle for "Hertz."
"Is that the shuttle I need?  Do all the buses take you to the same place even if you are renting from another company?"
Within 10 seconds, the "Enterprise" shuttle drove up.
I flagged it down and climbed on board.
In about 5 minutes I was dropped off at the door.
It took just a few more minutes to fill out the paperwork, and I was in "my car".


Several days before heading out "on my own," I did some google mapping.
I didn't have a GPS, and I can't figure out how to use the GPS on my phone.
(Yes, I'm bright that way!)
So I printed off all these maps so I would know how to get to the nursing home (where my grandmother was at the time) from the airport.
The kind fellow who helped me get into this car also pointed me in the right direction.
Sometimes we all need a nudge in the right direction, don't we?
(Can you spare a few seconds to help a fellow journeyer find their way?  It'll only take a few seconds, but it could really encourage them to keep on!  And aren't we all at different places in our own personal journeys?)
Within 20 minutes I was pulling into the parking lot.


What an extraordinarily glad reunion that was!!

No comments: