Friday, April 20, 2012

Friday's Fabulous Family Recipe: Strawberry Spinach Salad!!

I must confess from the get-go that I'm probably misrepresenting this recipe when I advertise it as a
"Fabulous Family" recipe.
My husband is not a fruit lover.
I think I remember only one of my children even touching this.
It's more for the ladies.
I love it.....but more importantly......so did my mother-in-law!!
I tasted this recipe once at a newlywed friend's apartment like 20 years ago, and I've kept her recipe ever
since......intending to use it again one day because I was so impressed with it.

Well, since we're trying to eat more fresh, plant based recipes around here, this recipe came to mind
for an easy-to-prepare-ahead-of-time dish for our Easter Sunday lunch.

**Photo by Taste of Home 

I put the spinach and strawberries together the day before, and mixed up the dressing a day ahead as well.
When we arrived home from Easter Sunday Services, all I had to do was toss the dressing with the salad and we were good to go!
This combination is so pretty, amazingly delicious, and a such a lovely spring time dish!

I followed the recipe found here........with these alterations:

I did not use the chopped onion (though that would've been delish!).
I also left out the Worcestershire sauce and the pecans.  (though I'll probably add the pecans next time)!
I also substituted Xylitol for the sugar.

Yumminess!
Happy Spring!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your thoughts too.....