Friday, February 10, 2012

Friday's Fabulous Family Recipe: Southwestern Salad!


I found the recipe for this amazing meatless dish several months ago and filed it away to try at a later date.
Well, I put it at the top of the pile recently and it was a HIT!!

I did not like the name of the original recipe so I did rename it for our family.
I think our name more accurately reflects the flavors that are represented in this dish.
It is cool and refreshing to eat, and super easy to toss together.
It's also very transportable and would be easy to take to a church potluck instead of 
a box of fried chicken strips or chocolate cake!!
I also just LOVE how colorful this salad is,
and how pretty it is on your plate!

It's even better the next day because the flavors have had more time to blend!
We just love it.
I have found several children who enjoy this as well!
The recipe can be found here.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your thoughts too.....