Monday, November 7, 2011

Monday Funday: Cornhole!!


This last Monday, we didn't leave the house for a field trip or any 
such adventure.
The day before we had just gotten home from our weekend family reunion.
Too much to try and plan another day outing after just unpacking.
But while I was getting the laundry caught up and bags put away, 
Daddy was keeping himself {and some of his "helpers"} busy outside.


A couple weeks previously, our neighbor had a large tree cut down from their backyard.
They piled it all up at the street for trash pickup and I remembered how freezing cold we were this past
February when our power went out due to the snow and ice that made our street impassable.
On top of all that, my husband and I were really sick and stuck in the house 
with 6 kids.
No one could bring us any firewood for our fireplace,
because the roads were too dangerous!
I don't ever. want that to happen...again!!
So I asked the neighbor if we could have the wood.
It had been piled on our back patio ever since.


Until last Monday when Daddy took a chainsaw to it,
and got his helpers to stack it....like this!!


As a reward for all their hard work {in addition to a couple extra dollars in their pockets},
Daddy pulled out this delightful game!!
Two days before this picture was taken, they were playing it with some family members
at the family reunion.
My husband commented to me about it as he was playing,
and I hollered that I've seen that before and would LOVE to have that game someday!!
Low and behold, the owners {cousins of my husband} up and GAVE it to us!!
He had made it by hand {Dallas Cowboy colors and everything!}, and said he had another one at home
and was "fixin' to make another set in Texas Rangers colors!!
I cannot express to you how EXCITED I was!!
This is such a fun game and I knew my children would love to play this with each other 
and with all their neighborhood friends.





To make it even more fun....it's called "CORNHOLE!"
Isn't that the BEST name for a fun family fall themed game night?!
There's even an entire ORGANIZATION dedicated to the delights of this game!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your thoughts too.....