Thursday, November 24, 2011

Have a Wonderful Thanksgiving!!





Much has been going around our house in the last two weeks!!
It has been difficult to stay on top of just the normal, everyday, regular responsibilities, much less the unplanned interruptions!
I've had an unexpected visit to the doctor for what turned out to be a HERNIA! {say what?}
It's not serious or requiring surgery right away, but I just couldn't figure out what the enormous lump
was under my skin way down in a weird place.
My children were excited that I had something in common with our local favorite baseball player, Josh Hamilton!!
Thank you, Heavenly Father, that it wasn't what I feared it might be and really isn't a big deal.

Homeschooling has been enormously stressful in the last two weeks as well.
So much so that I called a school that deals ONLY with ADHD and Dyslexic children right here in our town that I never knew existed!!
After talking with the school administrator about what goes on every single day around here, she very discerningly suggested that my son may need his medication {to help him have better control of his ADHD}
adjusted.
After considering this, I think she is probably right.
So I've made an appointment to see his doctor this next week!!
Thank you, Lord God, for putting that brand new billboard right in my path to find that school, and for the lovely lady I spoke to who spoke to me with such wisdom and grace and compassion!

I also had the most delightful opportunity to take my second born daughter on her overnight "Girls night out with Mom."
The one where we discuss all about marriage and what God has designed for us within the bounds of marriage.
I will talk about this more in detail in another blog.
Thank you, Jehovah Jireh, for my precious daughter and that we enjoyed each other's company so much!!

I even took a huge risk and hosted a friend's "31" party.
When I had only 2 or 3 children, I did those kind of parties ALL the time.
That was back when Mary Kay, and Pampered Chef, and Tupperware, and Premiere Jewelry, and Home Interiors were the popular home-based businesses.
Anyway, space in our home has become slowly squeezed down to almost nothing, so I haven't hosted a party like that in years!!
It was a lot of work to make enough space for 7 ladies, plus snacks, and room for product display.
{Not to mention figuring out a plan for the husband and 4 of the children!}
But it was just so much fun, and I really enjoyed the time all my lady friends!!
Thank you, Jesus, for the lovely, lovely friends you have brought into my life and have enriched my life in so many ways!!

So here we are at Thanksgiving Day!
I have so very much to be thankful for!!
I hope you feel that way too.
Even if everything is a struggle for you right now, God is good.

"Although the fig tree shall not blossom,
neither shall fruit be in the vines;
the labor of the olive shall fail,
and the fields shall yield no meat; 
the flock shall be cut off the from the fold,
and there shall be no herd in the stalls:

Yet, I will rejoice in the LORD,
I will joy in the God of my salvation."
Habakkuk 3:17, 18

No comments: