Friday, November 4, 2011

Friday's Fabulous Family Recipes: Warm Apple Crumb Pie!!

Oh this is my FAVORITE!!
I've loved this recipe since I was a girl living in Mennonite farm country in Northwest Ohio.
It just TASTES of fall.....
and is really wonderful for dessert on Thanksgiving Day.
It has graced many of my tables!!

I've always, always used the recipe found in this:



It starts out looking like this....



and then this......




......until it's warm and fresh from the oven looking like THIS!!!



So delish on it's own but especially with vanilla ice cream!!!

Here's the recipe:

P.S.  I never used the lemon juice or the raisins.  The recipe in my old book doesn't call for that.
And after you turn your oven down to 350 degrees, it only takes another 30 minutes before my pies are done and amazing!!!

Enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your thoughts too.....