Life in my Shoes

Life in my Shoes

Monday, October 17, 2011

Good grief!!  I knew I had had to let some things "slip through the cracks" recently, but I had no idea it has been nearly a month since my last post here!!  YIKES!!
Needless to say, since the beginning of our school year in September it feels like the days just fly by and my to-do list is only ever half done!!

I've been thinking about a better way to really share some of things that our family walks through on a daily basis and to encourage others with some of the things we have found or learned work for us!!
God has been so good to us and I want to share the grace!!

So here is a tentative plan that I've worked up to help this blog have a little more focus and direction:
Each day will have a theme {though I can't promise I will be able to post every day of the week}....

Monday Funday: One of the techniques we have found so helpful in managing and coping with the struggles of living with 2 children with ADHD is to take one day a week to just have fun together.  To get away from the routines that are in place to provide structure, but often feel like cages because of the daily fight these children put up when expectations and responsibilities are put on them.  We go out of the house and let our hair down and express to our children that we love to be with them and enjoy having them around......so important when the rest of the week they struggle with lots and lots of corrections and discipline and disappointments.

TI Tuesday:   A journal of the joys, successes, fears, and struggles of our 11-year old daughter who is living every day with Type 1 Diabetes.  Hopefully providing encouragement and resources to other families living with this also.

Women's Wellness Wednesday:  I've been on a very personal journey the last 2 years, and I'm burdened to share with women what I've been learning!!

{You CAN} Teach Your Child Thursdays:  Ideas and resources for homeschooling

Friday's Fabulous Family Recipe:  This is pretty self-explanatory, yet be watching for fun little goodies to make together as well as healthier recipes for the whole family!!!

Stay tuned!!

2 comments:

momof4 said...

I came across your blog while looking for ideas for keeping my prescoolers learning and out of mischief while homeschooling my older two. I have enjoyed reading your blog. So did you memorize all of Philippians? Have you been able to maintain your healthy eating and exercise? I need to lose about 15 pounds and have really sruggled this year with emotional eating as my husband has been out of work and my dad died from cancer. I appreciated your blogs about your weight loss journey....Thanks for sharing.

Brenda said...

Hi Momof4!!
I'm so glad to meet you!! Thank you for taking the time to visit and then to comment!!
In answer to your questions:
It's taken me longer than I intended, but I'm just finishing up the last chapter of Philippians. Thank goodness the Lord doesn't put time limits on us when it comes to memorizing His Word.
Yes!! I have been able to maintain my healthier lifestyle and my weight has been maintained. In fact, I've lost even several more pounds!! But that's for another post. My husband is slowly joining me on this journey, and we're working together to change what our entire family eats!! I hope you'll stay tuned to learn more about where we've been in the last couple weeks (nutritionally) and where we're headed!! Thank you again for visiting!!