Life in my Shoes

Life in my Shoes

Saturday, September 10, 2011

Back-to-school: Kick-off breakfast!!



This last Monday we had a Back-to-School kick off day {yes, I know it was Labor Day}.
I decided to start the day off with something a little special before we enjoyed the first "Monday Funday" of the school year, and then sat down together and went through some orientation.

I have to be honest here and admit that I copied most of these ideas from one of my favorite blogs.......
The Homespun Heart!
Monica's ideas were so simple and easy to pull together, and I had most of all she used laying around my house too!!
The most time consuming thing to prepare were the little Bible verse cards.







My very thoughtful and giving, "new-to-homeschooling" friend made the pencil vase for me!!



The menu was simple and no fuss:
Whole wheat chocolate chip muffins {I tossed in some bananas, nuts and flaxseed too!}
Easy fruit kabobs
Milk or Water



Of course I have lots and lots of crayons......


It was worth what little time I had to put into it to see this:





No comments: