Life in my Shoes

Life in my Shoes

Saturday, June 18, 2011

Second Week of Summer Fun 2011

This last week my girls enjoyed several days at our local "Creative Arts School" for art camp!!
Last summer, our oldest artistic daughter enjoyed a week of that, and I wanted to try to make that happen for all our children who wanted to participate.
My  9-year old son wasn't interested in the least, but our 2nd and 3rd daughters were.
I wasn't sure how we were going to be able to afford art camp along with church camp, but early in May I found that the "Creative Arts School" was offering scholarships to those who were the first to apply!!
I sent our application in the next day and we got three scholarships!!

These were only partial scholarships that covered about 2/3 the cost of the camp, so it wasn't entirely free, but very doable!!







We also were able to visit our local state park which has a lovely beach area.
My children are part fish, so we had a blast and they were in the water for hours!!





Sorry there aren't more interesting pictures of our afternoon at the beach, but these children were seriously too far out in the water...the whole time!!


We've also been having such a heat wave in our area that it has been too miserable hot in the house to cook.
So I had to whip out an old favorite {which isn't a favorite of most of my children I learned!}:


Homemade root beer floats {for a crowd!!}

No comments: