Life in my Shoes

Life in my Shoes

Thursday, June 23, 2011

Moments with Mommy


Look who's been sneaking into my room early in the morning
hoping for some time alone with Mommy to share some stories?



How can I resist?

She just wants to be wherever I am.
Right next to me.
In the kitchen.
Folding laundry.
In the van.
At Costco.

It doesn't matter to her what I look like,
or how I feel,
or what I have to offer her,
she just wants to be with me.

Maybe that's what my Father meant when He said:
"Permit the children to come to Me;
do not hinder them;
for the kingdom of God belongs to such as these.
Truly I say to you,
whoever does not receive the kingdom of God like a child
shall not enter it at all."
Mark 10:14, 15 (NASB)

Trust that He IS Love.
Thankful acceptance of all He gives....
no matter if it's pleasant or not.
Faith that He has a plan and is working that plan out when we don't understand it.
Sensing and understanding that God is way bigger than us,
and that as mere human beings we have limits on our perception and comprehension
of all that He is and all that He is in control of.
Pure contentment that He loves me just as I am.

No comments: