Life in my Shoes

Life in my Shoes

Saturday, May 14, 2011

Saturdays are for: Soccer!!

Last fall my second and third daughters begged me to let them play soccer.
I was a little hesitant because of the time involved and how that would ramp up the craziness of our weekends.
But they were persistent and I couldn't very well say no to them when we had already decided that our son could play baseball.
So, for the first time ever I was inducted into the elite "Soccer Mom" club.
Our very dearest, long-time family friends have had their children involved in the Upward soccer program for several years now, so I decided to give that a try.
They have been playing for several weeks now, and have really enjoyed it.
As I suspected, it has made for busy and somewhat chaotic Saturdays, but we've always been able to work out the transportation when we've had soccer games overlapping the baseball games!
Every Saturday since the middle of April we've had 2 soccer games and 1-2 baseball games to attend.
I do enjoy having something structured and outdoor for all of my children to do instead of spending their Saturdays laying around the house and whining of boredom!!!










1 comment:

Nicole said...

4 out of our 6 are playing soccer this year. We are running around like crazy!! but it is soooo much fun :)