Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Do you recognize that voice?

Over the Easter weekend, my husband and I had the privilege of participating in our church's Easter Cantata.
So last week we had a couple of extra rehearsals with the choirs and cast of the drama in preparation for the performances.
On Tuesday evening, several of our children were playing in the church nursery during one of these rehearsals.
They could hear the choir and the drama as it was piped into the nursery through the sound system, but the video was not rolling, so they couldn't see any of it.
Their daddy is one of several dozen choir members, and during one of the scenes, the choir began screaming and yelling as part of the background in the drama.
The children could hear all of this going on, and later commented to us that they could hear their daddy's voice above all the others.




That reminded me of something.....
"Am I so familiar with my Father's voice, that I can hear it immediately above the noise of all others?"
"How well do I know my Savior's voice?"

"....and he calleth his own sheep by name,
and leadeth them out.
And when he putteth forth his own sheep,
he goeth before them, 
and the sheep follow him:
for they know his voice.
And a stranger will they not follow, but will flee from him:
for they know not the voice of strangers."
John 10: 3-5

No comments: