Life in my Shoes

Life in my Shoes

Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Sick!!

A kind friend gently reminded me on this exact date one month ago when I was deathly ill in bed with the barf-a-thon that I should've popped in here and just mentioned that......so she and others could pray.

Well, I'm following her advice.  I'm letting you all know that I'm sick......again.
With a completely different illness.
It started out Saturday afternoon with fever/flu-like symptoms.
Sunday my husband was sick too....fever/flu.
My mother-in-law happened to drop by and saw the chaos that was reigning, so she stayed for awhile to help clean the place up a little bit.

Yesterday, I felt pretty good in the morning, but had to crash back in bed by afternoon.
A very lovely friend brought our family the most delicious, wholesome dinner!!
This morning, I thought I was getting over it because I felt soooo much better.
So I proceeded to get the homeschooling train back on track.
Yeah.
Well, we had an ice storm overnight that was beckoning the kids outside, so it was hard to keep them on track.
By 3 pm, I thought I might die.
Obviously I overdid it.
But when the roads are covered in ice and no one can get to you to help, your husband is sick in bed too, the children are all pretty much feeling better by now and are bored out of their minds, what else am I supposed to do?
I would really love some ideas because at this moment my brain is mush and I'm going to go crawl under the covers and die.
Pray for us?

2 comments:

Laura said...

Brenda, I'm glad you posted. I'm praying and will continue praying until you let us know you are better. Just remember that our loving Heavenly Father ordained this as what is best for you this week. Did you ever listen to Elisabeth Elliot? "You are loved with and everlasting love. That's what the Bible says. And underneath are the everlasting arms." He will NEVER leave you, nor forsake you. I know you know that, but I just thought I would remind you.
Do you have streaming Netflix? If not, it's only $7.99 per month for unlimited streaming. It might be worth it for this week. Yes, there is a lot of trash on there, but there are a lot of good documentaries and other decent things. Maybe they could watch some documentaries for school this week. Or tell them if when they get the house clean, they can watch a movie. And you can nap! I know there are some sites where you can download free audio books. One is librivox.org. Maybe you could find some good ones there that might interest them. Can your oldest daughter do some crafts with the younger ones? I wish I lived nearby to help in some way. Hope you feel better soon!

Brenda said...

Laura,
Thank you for all the lovely ideas.
Elisabeth Elliott and Netflix are two of my VERY best friends. I'm only now getting back on my feet, and we abused netflix and the markers all week long. So glad that nightmare seems to be behind us!! Thank you again for your sweet thoughts!!