Life in my Shoes

Life in my Shoes

Friday, October 22, 2010

What is God doing?

Sometimes the days here at our house are overwhelming.
Sometimes the days are intensely frustrating.
Sometimes I wonder if my children will E.V.E.R. grow up.
Sometimes I hate the mind-numbing routine of having to figure out how many carbohydrates are on a plate....at every. single. meal.
Sometimes I hate that every. single. responsibility can be an emotional struggle for my son.
Sometimes I hate that my daughter can NOT retain any Math concepts from the previous day.
Sometimes I hate that the clock rules my life.
Sometimes I hate that we have to keep our eye on every. single. penny in our budget
 with never any wiggle room.
Sometimes I wonder what God is doing in my life.
I know He's up to something big.
I know I was created to worship Him and bring Him glory.
I know His ways are perfect.
I know that He is sovereign.
I know that He is good.
I know that He is love.
I know He has a plan.
I know I must see these struggles as tiny parts of the big picture He is creating out of my life.


The Weaver

My life is but a weaving
Between my Lord and me,
I cannot chose the colors
He worketh steadily.

Ofttimes He weaveth sorrow,
And I in foolish pride
Forget He sees the upper
And I, the underside.

Not till the loom is silent
And the shuttles cease to fly
Shall God unroll the canvas
And explain the reason why.

The dark threads are as needful
In the Weaver's skillful hand
As the threads of gold and silver
In the pattern He has planned.

~~Author Unknown

No comments: