Friday, September 17, 2010

Back-to-school: 5 days of crock-pot lunches

In addition to having an artillery of breakfast ideas, it's almost more important to have your lunch all ready to go at the time appointed when you are homeschooling.  I've found it's so hard for me to get my head out of the clouds of the Civil War or whatever it is we've been studying, to preparing 8 meals in a kitchen already a little disheveled by the morning's activities.

I was inspired by this idea over here, so please know that the crock-pot lunch thing is not original with me.
But I have found that using a crock-pot is a BRILLIANT way to have hot, healthy meals ready to go with little preparation!!  These are our favorites!!


Monday:  Spaghetti
Great with salad or green beans
I've been using gluten-free pasta and it's really delicious!!

Tuesday:  Taco Soup
Serve with shredded cheese, frito corn chips, sour cream

Wednesday:  Macaroni and Cheese
I've tried two different crock-pot recipes for this so far, with one more to go.
Here is our favorite so far.

I haven't actually tried THIS recipe yet, but this will be the next one I do try.
I have another recipe that actually calls for canned veggies and it's a taste sensation!!

Friday:  Sloppy Joes
Serve with baked beans or your favorite chips along with some fruit.
Although my children are not sloppy joe fans, I really like them.
I have a recipe for the crock-pot that we haven't fallen in love with, so the above recipe is next for us to try.  




If you LOVE your crock-pot, then you've just GOT to check out this website!!!
A different recipe for every day of the year and mostly
gluten-free too!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your thoughts too.....