Monday, July 12, 2010

Summer camp!!!!

All last week my three oldest had the wonderful opportunity to attend "church" camp with the children from our 
church.  They were 4 hours away from home and way out in the boonies.
That makes a mom of children with "special" needs a little nervous.
So what do you do?
You send the Dad along too!!!

So my husband went as a "sponsor" and drove the truck full of luggage.
The children had a marvelous time.....as I'm sure you can see in the pictures (which my husband also took.)
I was interested to see how my son would do as this was his first year to get to go.
I will talk about that in the next day or so.
Don't worry......he did great.

This was the second summer for my daughter with Type 1 Diabetes to get to go too.
It was a little different for her from last year.
Last year she was still in "the honeymoon."
This year she was checking her blood sugar all. the. time.
which was good because she tended to go low a lot more this year.
But it didn't stop her from having so much fun and being able to participate in everything from the
big group games to swimming.
















No comments: