Thursday, February 4, 2010

Forty is Fabulous!!!


Wow. Forty!! Seriously?? But I don't feel forty. I FEEL more like......say......26. But I guess because I've got to do some serious work to cover up those gray hairs now, and because I have to start my morning with a pill, that I should accept the fact that I am really....40!!!

I've been posting some funny, yet thought-provoking, quotes about turning 40 on my Facebook status throughout this week.
Indulge me and let me share them with you here:

Anonymous

At the age of twenty, we don't care what the world thinks of us; at thirty, we worry about what it is thinking of us; at forty, we discover that it wasn't thinking of us at all.

Arthur Schopenhauer

The first forty years of life give us the text: the next thirty supply the commentary.


To be 70 years young is sometimes far more cheerful and hopeful than to be 40 years old.

Oliver Wendell Holmes, Jr.



At twenty years of age, the will reigns; at thirty, the wit; and at forty, the judgement.
Benjamin Franklin


Age is strictly a case of mind over matter. If you don't mind, it doesn't matter.
Jack Benny


A diplomat is a man who always remembers a woman's birthday but never remembers her age.
Robert Frost


Growing old is mandatory; growing up is optional. ~Chili Davis


And as a matter of film trivia:

Do you know who shares a birthday with me today?

This lovely lady was born on the EXACT day as I, so she is also having her 40th birthday today.

Do you know?

What I love is that she starred in one of my favorite films of all time...

It's a chick flick....

(I know she has been in other films also, some of which I'm sure have not been wholesome or ones I would recommend, so please no comments on that....just indulge me again since it's my birthday!!!)

Wild Hearts Can't Be Broken????

Yes, the lovely Gabrielle Anwar...



I wonder how she is spending her day?

My plan is to go get my hair done, do a little shopping, and just be quiet and by myself. A little regrouping time. I may even drop in on a Starbucks for a Mocha Frappachino. I NEVER do that, so that might be my big adventure of the day!!!

I have such a lovely husband who has taken the day off to take care of things so I can enjoy the day away from things for awhile without any worries. Gotta love a man like that!!!

He is even going out and doing the routine grocery shopping for me today....in the frigid cold and rain!!! Love him!!!

Happy Birthday to all you who share a February birthday with me!!! I don't run into a lot of you, but you definitely know who you are!! So put on your amethysts and enjoy yourself!!!


No comments: