Saturday, January 9, 2010

Saturday's Super Mom

It's been awhile since I've posted about a "super mom" lately, so I thought it was time to share about another interesting lady who mothers many children.

It rather bothers me, this thought that having more than the national average of children
is something to be loathed. Most couples I know do not even consider this idea is following more of our culture than God's plan for families. I believe it's a secular culture philosophy that has found deep roots in our churches also. I wonder if this saddens our Heavenly Father?

I completely understand that God uses every family differently and that it isn't His plan for all couples or doesn't allow some couples to have several children, much less even one.

That's why I think it's just pivotal that you be in tune with God's calling on your life and His design and plan for the family.....your family.

Why did He institute the family in Scripture even before the church?
Why does the Lord refer to children being our "heritage" and "reward"?

I love this quote by Vision Forum founder, Doug Phillips:

The Bible calls debt a curse and children a
blessing; but in our culture, we apply for a
curse and reject blessings. Something is
wrong with this picture." ~ Doug Phillips


I just wonder how many couples really put any thought into what the Lord might want to use their families for? This has been weighing on my mind lately. It's not the easiest path to be surrendered to God to use us however He wants, to be His vessels poured out for Him, to trust Him when the situation looks foolish or impossible.
But I think that that is the only path to peace and purpose and fulfillment and true joy.
To be in tune with God's will for our lives.

You gotta check out this family!!!
Meet the Muncks HERE.

No comments: