Thursday, December 31, 2009

Happy New Year!!

Do you know who holds your tomorrow?
Life is characterized by uncertainty.
When our family started 2009, we had no idea what this year would hold for us.
I'm so glad we don't know what is in our future.
If I had known when I was married that my second child would be diagnosed after nearly
9 years of her life with an incurable disease, I don't know how I would've handled that information.
If I had known when I started homeschooling my children 7 years ago that two of my child
would be diagnosed as ADHD, I don't know what decisions we would've made.
If I had known on January 1, 2009 that I was going to receive all of these diagnoses in the coming year, I'm sure I would've had a nervous breakdown.
But what I do know, is that I have a living Savior, and He's in the world today.
"I know that He is living whatever men may say.
I see His hand of mercy,
I hear His voice of cheer,
and just the time I need Him,
He's always near.
He lives!!
He lives!
Christ Jesus lives today!
He walks with me, and talks with me,
along life's narrow way.
He lives!
He lives!
Salvation to impart.
You ask me how I know He lives?
He lives within my heart!!"

I don't know what my future may hold,
but I know Who holds my future.

I'm so thankful that whatever 2010 may bring, my dear and precious Savior
won't let pass through His fingers to me what He doesn't have planned.
Whatever that may be, I know He'll go with me through it,
and guide me through it,
and bring me through it.
I serve a good and loving and all-wise God.

Our country has changed so much even in the last decade.
And more change is coming.
It is my personal opinion that our omnipotent God is setting the world stage for the most
dramatic and wide sweeping change the world has ever seen.
I am so glad that I have the freedom still to read my Bible, and I've read it cover to cover,
and I know how it all ends. God has already told us the things to watch for, and He's already
told us what to expect, and He's already told us where we're headed.
Are you ready?
I am.
I don't even have to worry about all these scary things that are changing in our healthcare,
and the middle east, and social security, and in the freedoms that our country was set-up for.
God knows all about that stuff.
That's just secondary to His plan.

I enjoy reminiscing through the following piece of music. It has some amazing clips. It's amazing to realize that I remember so many of them. When some of those events happened, they took us by surprise, and even frightened us.
I remember.
This year I turn 40.
What????
40?
I distinctly remember my 11th birthday.
My oldest daughter had her 11th birthday a year-and-a half ago.
Life is a vapor.
Those frightening things that happened are nothing compared to the frightening
things that will happen to fulfill God's plan for this old world He created.
But because I know Him, and because I know His plan,
I'm not afraid.
I can sleep peacefully at night.
I hope that on this night you can too.
God loves you.
He loves me.
"For God so loved the world, that He gave His only
begotten Son (Jesus), that whosoever (insert your name here)
believes in Him,
should not perish,
but have everlasting life." John 3:16
I would love to tell you more about how you can have peace about your future.
I'll email you or call you or come see you (if I can).
Just ask me about it.
I personally know Who has the answer.

Happy New Year.


No comments: