Life in my Shoes

Life in my Shoes

Friday, November 27, 2009

Thanksgiving 2009

We started our fun on Wednesday evening by passing out some Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins to our neighbors with the story of Thanksgiving in it to encourage them to remember what this holiday was all about.












Lexi then helped me make some of our decorations for the table. She is into origami (paper folding) right now, and we thought these little baskets would be so pretty filled with candy corn.
Too bad the store had no candy corn.
So we gathered acorns and leaves at the park on Thanksgiving morning and put them in the baskets instead.












Our menu this year was much more simplified than in years past.
This was the first year ever that I did not roast the 16 pound turkey, or mash
10 pounds of potatoes.
Since there would be no other adults with us this year, I just didn't think it made sense
to get all stressed out and hot in the kitchen with no one to keep the children from
messing with the decorations and to referee the arguing. This year was so much easier and I don't really think anyone missed all the complicated dishes. Plus, I felt so much more relaxed
and really enjoyed our dinner!!!

Rotisserie chicken (purchased from Costco the day before)
Rice and Gravy (Lexi's special request)
Green Bean Casserole (Ashlyn's special request)
Delicious Butternut Squash (my favorite)
Salad (which no one ate anyway)

Chocolate Éclair Cake

Hope you had a lovely day enjoying your family and taking a moment to count up
all your blessings!!

No comments: