Life in my Shoes

Life in my Shoes

Friday, October 9, 2009

Friday's Fabulous Family Recipe



Peanut Butter Popcorn

I know, I know.....you're thinking......"Huh?", or "Gross", or "On POPCORN?".
But let me just reassure you......this is De-LISH!!!
I've been making this since AT LEAST the summer of 1987, and it
has always been an old family favorite......well, my side of the family!
Super easy to make and worth every minute of it.

(Oh, just TRY it!!)


1/2 cup corn syrup (I know, I know....haven't tried it with honey yet)
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup peanut butter
1/2 tsp. vanilla
About 9 cups of popped popcorn (I used two bags of microwave popcorn)



In a saucepan mix the sugar and corn syrup together. Heat until boiling.



When it begins to boil around the edges, remove from the heat and stir in the peanut butter and vanilla. The sauce will be nice and thick, but pourable. Move quickly though because
it sets up and gets stiffer pretty quick.



Pour sauce over popcorn and fold around until popcorn is evenly coated.
Enjoy the yumminess...but be careful.....it's addictive!



No comments: